Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
The Arrival - Shaun Tan Rarely does a book make ‘My Companions’ shelve at home without having been read three times by me, at least. This book made that shelve the moment I saw the honest and raw emotion in the little girl’s eyes as she looked at her father’s packed suitcase in the first section of this graphic novel.

There are many varying stories of immigrants imaginatively told and Shaun Tan is a brilliant storyteller. I will be paying close attention to his future works.

I was moved throughout this piece and the final image actually brought a tear to my eye and a warm and glowing song to my heart. This graphic novel possesses the most heart-touching images I have seen in a while and it must be added to everyone’s book shelve collection.

Devlin

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore