Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
House of Many Ways - Diana Wynne Jones The final installment in the Howl’s Moving Castle series is a tale focusing on Charmain Baker, a young girl hoping to be employed in the King’s royal library. While attempting to secure this most elite of posts, she is tasked to house sit her wizard uncle’s magic house…and, of course, solve a mystery along the way.

It begins slowly and a bit lazily. (You actually aren’t introduced to the plot until midway through the novel.) We learn about Charmain and her penchant for escaping trouble (and responsibility) by burying herself in a book. While this character proved a bit too lackluster to capture my interest, Sophie, Howl, and Calcifer’s inclusion into the plot makes up for it…and how!

This is a good installment in the series. Well written, but not my favorite. It is worth a look.

Devlin

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore