Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
What Our Eyes Have Witnessed - Stant Litore Zombie Bible: What Our Eyes Have Witnessed
by Stant Litore (Review)

This second volume of the Zombie Bible takes the events (loosely) of the Martyrium Polycarpi in the second century AD and weaves a possible story around the recorded event. You can use Google, I know you've learned how.

Mr. Litore finishes his Acknowledgments with a single line, “And to all of you, my readers, - it is you who make these stories breathe.” I have to be honest…I feel as if this story has ‘breathed’ into me. I was mesmerized by its urgency, the ‘living’ characters, and the splendid prose. His story of ‘living’, historically placed, zombies left me feeling physically exhausted and a bit lost emotionally. Not for bad reasons, but for good ones. I closed the final page of his second “Zombie bible: What Our Eyes Have Witnessed” feeling as if I had lived through the adventure. Well, maybe…I’m still reeling and a bit unsure if I survived the final assault or not. I can tell you that I enjoyed it very much.

I don’t want to give too much of the story away, but I have a couple of quotes to share that touched me deeply:

“The man breathed a soft moan – not the hunger-moan of the prowling dead, but the exhaustion-and –relief moan of a man letting go of a burden too long carried.”

“Our hearts are such small things. There is in the world both too much beauty and too much suffering for a human heart to hold.”

It is for the above examples that I’m giving it five stars. I hate to do this to the author because it means he will really have to impress me with his third book. Good Luck Mr. Litore. I will be reading Volume Three with great anticipation.

Devlin Scott (Lyshan Press)

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore