Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
Strangers in the Land - Stant Litore Strangers in the Land (Zombie Bible 3) by Stant Litore (Book Review)

Description from Good Reads:

The aging prophet Devora bolts awake in terror, gasping for air. In her dream she heard her mother’s shrieks as the ravenous dead pulled her from the tent. Devora had been only a girl then, crying as she listened to her mother's screams and the tearing of her flesh.

And in the morning, when her mother rose—undead and hungering—Devora slew her.

This third volume of The Zombie Bible takes you to 1160 BC Israel as the walking corpses devour the tents and homesteads of the People. Four will stand against the dead: Devora, who sees what God sees. The slave girl Hurriya. Zadok, a legend among warriors. And the widower Barak, fighting to keep his vineyard free of this new peril. But can they stand together? For the living fear each other—fear the strangers in the land—as much as they fear the hungry dead.

Strangers in the Land brings an episode from the biblical book of Judges to life, fierce and blood spattered. Few will survive the coming of the dead. None will survive unchanged.

*****

A simple quote from the novel and one that stuck with me well: ‘We will find those who still breathe, Zadok had told her, but we will find no survivors.’

There is no greater truth to this novel than the above statement. In his latest and darkest work yet, Stant Litore has once again placed the never-ending undead at history’s doorstep and forces his own beloved characters to…survive…as best as they can. With very nearly all hope lost, our story’s heroes must question not only their own beliefs but their humanity as well. Will they be the Strangers in their own Land or its rightful saviors?

I went through so many gripping, soul-stirring emotions while reading this work. At one time I found myself lost and thinking, “My God! Does there need to be so much loss? My God, my God! What have you done?” What will you think as you read this story? What would you do if you were there fighting alongside Devora and her brethren? Would you choose to merely survive or to live? Would you choose to save yourself or others not of your kin? Hard questions for any novel to put forth but, the real tests are how will you answer them?

This review does not even begin to warn you about the torrent of emotions Stant Litore will force you to go through as you read this edition of the Zombie Bible. This novel is a must-read-at-all-costs whether you’re a fan of the zombie horror genre or not.

There is truth in fiction!

Devlin Scott (Lyshan Press)

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore