Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
Pantheon - John Jackson Miller Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith by John Jackson Miller
Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith Volumes 1 - 7: [Kindle Edition] by John Jackson Miller

(Book description from Amazon Kindle)

[When the Sith ship Omen crash-landed on Kesh two thousand years ago, the crew encountered native barbarism and superstition. Now a violent millennium has reduced the Lost Tribe of the Sith to a similar state. While Sith teachings are remembered, honored, and violently practiced, knowledge of the Lost Tribe’s true origins has all but vanished. With a dark age imperiling the Sith, the future rests in the hands of the unlikeliest of people: Caretaker Hilts, the official keeper of lore. Mild-mannered by Sith standards, the aged Hilts hopes to use the wisdom of the ancients to reunite his people. But the truth he uncovers becomes anything but the Tribe’s salvation. Rather, he may have set loose forces leading to its destruction—and his own. BONUS: This edition contains an excerpt from Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Ascension.]

I admit to making this mistake…this was my first foray into the Star Wars fiction empire. I have seen the movies but this is my first book. I may not have made the best choice in choosing this one to embark upon my written ‘Star Wars’ exploration. I honestly chose this series because all seven volumes are currently ‘free’ at Amazon Kindle and each book has a preview offering of the “Fate of the Jedi” series.

While the story is enjoyable, I became bogged down with some of the terms, history and proper nouns that I’m sure this ‘universe’ uses on a constant basis in the many works this series has sired. It left me a bit confused but, again, this was my fault. I will rectify this soon by restarting my exploration by reading the original novels that began the adventure. I will then re-read this series and offer a true review.

The ending of volume seven does leave one in the throes of an interesting cliffhanger…

Devlin

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore