Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
Inside Inside - James Lipton Some readers thought this was supposed to be a 'tell all' about the Actors Studio and its guests. They may have been confused by the 'Inside, Inside' title. Anyone who has seen James Lipton's interviews should know that he isn't a gossip monger but, is actually in search of the creative process and how it is born and develops in his guests and students lives. This book is an excellent 'tell all' about his creative development throughout both his life and the guests and students he's encountered during his own self discovery as an artist.

Now you may need to use a dictionary to define and explain some of his prose while reading...I did. I persevered (it took me about a chapter and a half) and discovered what a brilliant writer he is. It's worth the time and effort.

I can not explain how or even when it happened but, while I was reading through chapters 6, 7, & 8, I decided to become a writer. I realized that what was holding me back from giving it my all was the very thing that defines me as a writer. My greatest weakness needed to be used as my greatest asset; my impatience. I am curious to see what I can learn throughout my own creative journey and I have James Lipton to thank for it.

I wish I understood why...

Devlin

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore