Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
Jane Eyre - Michael Mason, Charlotte Brontë This is a brilliant classic, one you must read for yourself. She paints with words better than any master artist. I offer my thoughts as I read this great and timeless novel:

Chapter 20: "...and the two dowagers, in vast white wrappers, were bearing down on him like ships in full sail." I love this line.
— Nov 05, 2011 03:30am

I've just added a few Bronte titles to my kindle for my future enjoyment: The Professor; Poems by Currer, Ellis, and Acton Bell; Villette; How Freckle Frog Made Herself Pretty; and The Wise Mamma Goose.
— Nov 08, 2011 03:11pm

Quote from Jane Eyre: "though when I appeared before him now, he had no such honeyed terms as "love" and "darling" on his lips: the best words at my service were "provoking puppet," "malicious elf," "sprite," "changeling," &c." I love her artful word-craft. She has such a brilliant sense of humor.
— Nov 11, 2011 04:30am

I've just reached the part where Mr. Rivers relates Jane's past family history...how clever...
— 4 hours, 43 min ago

I want to thank all my friends for suggesting that I read this one. ;)

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore