Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
The Egyptian Book of the Dead - E.A. Wallis Budge, Robert P. Winston, John Romer The first part of this book is a very interesting history lesson. It explains in part a brief history of the Egyptian Gods and their role in the afterlife. The second part of the book is a listing of the prayers and supplications for the afterlife. Imagine the journey into the afterlife as an oral test...this book has all the answers. You need only recite them to the proper god and move forward to the next...however...you must still have your heart weighed by Osiris at the end of your journey.

It is a very interesting book and worth reading if you like ancient history. How faithful a translation this book is, I don't know.

Devlin

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore