Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
Vampire Cheerleaders Vol. 1 - Adam Arnold, Shiei, Comipa This is a clever series with an entertaining storyline and very exceptional artwork.

With a simplistic heartbeat sort of description from me, this manga exemplifies the art of being a vampire cheerleader as you navigate through the horrors of high school life. This is definitely an adult offering replete with all the usual vampire life lessons for harmonious living including, unfortunately...the ‘must be invited in first’ rule. I never liked it and, sad to say, they left this ‘nocturnal living’ rule in the series.

But, the characters are cute and delightful and it is good to know that ‘best friend’ Leonard is such a good team player.

A second offering is presented in this manga: Paranormal Mystery Squad.

A tale of an unfortunate sister transformed into a savage werewolf. This one didn’t appeal to me and I won’t trash the above four star rating and injure Vampire Cheerleader’s standing just because the publisher decided to marry a good story offering to a weak one to help their overall sales. And it was weak on more than one level.

If you’re reading this book you can avoid the second offering…no one will ever know.

Devlin

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore