Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
1Q84 - Jay Rubin, Philip Gabriel, Haruki Murakami This was my first Murakami novel and I really liked this story, though I felt it could have been about three hundred pages shorter and still succeeded nicely.

I also found Ushikawa's POV storyline a bit unnecessary to the novel. I feel he could have easily remained as a secondary character and still showed us his interactions to the hero's storylines. I would have liked to have seen Fuka-Eri's POV storyline. It would have been very interesting to see her mind at work first hand.

I loved Tengo's character, I often found myself rushing through Aomame's storyline to get to his. lol It took a little while for me to develop an affinity for Aomame. Ayumi's murder is when I finally began to connect with Aomame's character. I don't know why it took me so long.

I will certainly read more of his work. :)

Devlin

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore