Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
The Fountainhead - Leonard Peikoff, Ayn Rand In honesty, I wrote this review before I read the final three chapters…it stands as is.

Quotes from the novel:

“The pain only goes down to a certain point. “
"To say "I love you" one must know first how to say the "I"." — Ayn Rand
Part 3, Chapter 4; "...and the thought that made them."
“Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing.”― Ayn Rand

We read to love books and we've all discovered books we love to read along the way but, rarely do we find books we can "live" within. For me this is one of those rare and precious gems...so precious in fact that "I" want to share it with the world.

The words, ego, egoist, egotist, are bandied about considerably in this novel. This is not about ego as the word is more commonly used and defined; this is about… the “I”. Before you can understand anything you must know who you are, at your very core. Regardless of what happens in life, regardless of other’s opinions, you need to know you. Howard Roark does and this is his story of living as “I”.

Not everyone will enjoy this story and that’s OK, Everyone has an “I” inside them and there are a few “I’s” who will understand. Remember, there is no “I” in TEAM, and that is the point.

Devlin

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore