Devlin Scott

In my reviews I try neither to persuade nor to dissuade others. I believe the art of reading is a very personal experience and that my opinion should not intrude upon others enjoyment. I merely state how I felt while reading and I will allow others to decide for themselves. This is why I will not present a play-by-play description. I will only offer a few basic details to help you decide if what I present is worth your time.
Ghost Talker's Daydream, Volume 1 - Saki Okuse;Sankichi Meguro Ghost Talkers Daydream Vol. One (Review)

Description from Dark Horse Comics:

Misaki Saiki, a young woman with a troubled past, is a professional dominatrix in one of Tokyo's most exclusive S&M clubs. However, her real money is something she likes even less than being a dominatrix. Ever since childhood, Misaki has had the ability to see and communicate with ghosts, and that talent is put to use by the Livelihood Protection Agency, who pairs Misaki with Souichiro Kadotake, a martial artist who happens to be deathly afraid of ghosts. Using her gifts, Misaki is able to help troubled departed spirits resolve what is troubling them and allow them to move on to the afterlife. If all THAT isn't odd enough, Misaki is an albino AND a virgin.

Ghost Talker's Daydream is a dark, erotic horror manga from writer Saki Okuse (Twilight of the Dark Master) and artist Sankichi Meguro and is the inspiration for the popular anime series.

This was quite good. Misaki and her assistant, Souichiro are nice, well-rounded, likable characters. Their mission, to release haunted spirits from their pasts and their pain. The premise is designed well and executed effectively. The artwork is clever and certainly adds to the mood of the piece.

This Volume features the stories: Hanging Mansion and Bear Po.

I would give this a solid 4 stars and will read others as they are released.

Devlin

No Lasting Burial (The Zombie Bible) (Kindle Serial)
Stant Litore